Hi everyone,

I am looking for a highly-motivated and organized coursework or project-based MS student who is interested in applying their knowledge of water in the context of environmental law. The selected student will work with me, UF Law professor Tom Ankersen, and one or more environmental law students to investigate potential legal, environmental, and human health issues associated with a domestic and industrial wastewater Land-Application System (LAS) near the Savannah River (GA). Interested students should have a strong background in hydrology and water quality and will ideally have some experience with surface water or groundwater modeling. The position will offer excellent experience and an opportunity to expand your real-world knowledge.

The student will be required to enroll in one or two semesters (fall 2017/spring 2018) of the UF Conservation Clinic (https://www.law.ufl.edu/areas-of-study/experiential-learning/clinics/conservation-clinic), though if credits are limiting, the student may audit the course. Any costs associated with travel to the study site will be covered by my lab, but otherwise the position is unpaid.

The selected student will join my lab (www.watershedecology.org<http://www.watershedecology.org>) for the duration of the project (or until graduation) and will have the opportunity to participate in lab meetings and field data collection with my current group of students and postdocs.

If you are interested, please send me a current resume along with a short (<1 page) description of your career goals and how this opportunity will help you achieve them.

Please share with any potentially interested students.

Best,
Dr. Kaplan

--
David Kaplan, Ph.D., Assistant Professor
Environmental Engineering Sciences Department

Director, H.T. Odum Center for Wetlands
Phone: (352) 392-2424, Fax: (352) 392-3624
http://cfw.essie.ufl.edu