From: Social Networks Discussion Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Barry Wellman
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 3:47 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SOCNET] Sue Freeman

Sue Freeman was the Founding Mother of the Social Networks journal along with her husband Lin Freeman. They were active participants in the Sunbelt conferences and INSNA.

They were living in Florida, so I sent them a note of inquiry about how they fared with Hurricane Irma.

Here is Lin's reply:

"We survived the storm fine. We stayed at a more inland friend's place,and our house was not hurt.  But when we got home, we went to bed, went to sleep, and Sue never woke up.... after 59 years together..."

   Barry Wellman

                  Streisand/Sondheim
   Distinguished Visiting Scholar   Social Media Lab   Ryerson University
   Distinguished Senior Advisor     	     University Learning Academy
                        http://amzn.to/zXZg39