SOCNET is a service of INSNA, the professional association for social
network researchers (http://www.insna.org). To unsubscribe, send
an email message to
I would like to draw your attention to the BIFI International Conference 2018 that will be held in Zaragoza (Spain) on 6-8 February 2018. Abstract submission deadline is October 10th, 2017.
the list of Invited Speakers includes:
- Ciro Cattuto, ISI Foundation, Turin, Italy
- Tina Eliassi-Rad, Northeastern University, Boston, MA
- James Gleeson, University of Limerick, Limerick, Ireland
- Sanjeev Goyal, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
- Susanna Manrubia, Spanish National Centre for Biotechnology (CSIC), Madrid, Spain
- Arne Traulsen, Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Biology, Plön, Germany
- Alessandro Vespignani, Northeastern University, Boston, MA
Dr. Sandro Meloni
Juan de la Cierva Fellow,
Institute for Biocomputation and Physics of Complex Systems (BIFI)
University of Zaragoza,
Edificio I + D, C/ Mariano Esquillor s/n
Campus Rio Ebro, Zaragoza 50018, Spain.
Department of Theoretical Physics, Faculty of Sciences,
University of Zaragoza, Zaragoza 50009, Spain.
BIFI International Conference 2018
COMPLEXITY, NETWORKS AND COLLECTIVE BEHAVIOUR
February 6-8, 2018
Auditorium “Patio de la Infanta”, Ibercaja
Abstract submission deadline: October 10th, 2017
Notification to authors: Not later than October 27th, 2017
Early Registration Deadline: November 12nd, 2017
Conference: February 6-8, 2018
Understanding complex systems is one of the most pressing challenges of modern science. The Conference aims at providing a forum to discuss the latest advances in the study of complex systems and networks in a variety of fields, ranging from Physics and Mathematics to Biological, Engineering and Techno-social Systems. Below, we briefly mention, although not exhaustively, a few of the key areas and problems that will be covered during the Conference. All topics that fit within the science of Complexity and Networks are welcome.
- Foundations of Complex Systems
- Complexity in Biological Systems
- Ecological Systems: Future Directions
- Contagion Processes and Epidemic Spreading
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
- Infrastructure, Planning and Environment
- Multiplex Networks and Applications
- Economics and Finance
- Collective Behavior
- Evolutionary Game Theory
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
We invite you to submit a one-page abstract including one (mandatory) descriptive figure and caption no later than October 10th, 2017, via our EasyChair submission link:
Submissions are required to include the following information:
– Title of the contribution
– Author(s) and affiliation(s)
– e-mail address(es)
– Name of the speaker.
(Papers will not be accepted).
Please, indicate your preference for one or more of the following categories to present your research:
- Regular Talk
- Ignite Talk
- Poster (A0 size)
Submissions will be evaluated and selected by the Program Committee members. Once the selection process is complete, the authors of the accepted abstracts will be notified by e-mail, no later than October 27th, 2017.
Patio de la Infanta, Ibercaja Headquarter, Calle San Ignacio de Loyola, 16, 50008, Zaragoza, Spain.