SOCNET is a service of INSNA, the professional association for social
network researchers (http://www.insna.org). To unsubscribe, send
an email message to
To RSiena users:
Since September 4, 2017, new versions 1.2-1 of RSiena and 1.2-2 of RSienaTest are available from the Siena downloads page and from the RSiena project at R-Forge.
Short overview of main changes:
1. The version number now was moved up to 1.2.x because there hopefully will be a new CRAN version soon, and all the changes in the past years justify going from 1.1.x to 1.2.x.
2. You now need to specify MaxDegree, modelType, behModelType and Offset in a different way for sienaAlgorithmCreate, and algorithm objects have to be created anew!! See the help page for sienaAlgorithmCreate.
3. There is a new function score.Test which allows more easily getting results of score tests.
See its help page.
4. The use of modelType and the recent addition behModelType was corrected. See the manual for explanation of these keywords.
5. For networkModelType = 3 (initiative and confirmation model for non-directed networks), an offset is added to the confirmation model. See the manual for further explanation.
6. There are improvements of sienaBayes, which should avoid errors occurring for some specifications.
7. New effects: sameXInPopIntn, sameXOutPopIntn, sameXInActIntn, sameXOutActIntn.
8. For effects inPopX, outPopX, inActX, outActX, sameXInPop, sameXOutAct, diffXInPop, diffXOutAct, homXInPop, homXOutAct, altXOutAct, diffXOutAct, the specification of interaction2 was changed to '' (this was '1', erroneously) and default parameter to 1. This means that, if you used any of these effects, you now may have to specify it differently - if you found out that interaction2='1' was what you needed to say! (Or perhaps this was an error that crept in at some moment and you did not notice it.)
On the Siena News page
and in Appendix B of the manual, you find more details about these and other changes.
Tom A.B. Snijders
Professor of Statistics and Methodology, Dept of Sociology, University of Groningen
Emeritus Fellow, Nuffield College, University of Oxfordhttp://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/~snijders