From: UF Division of Sponsored Programs [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Gray,Stephanie
Sent: Thursday, September 7, 2017 10:32 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [UFRESEARCH-L] DSP Closure 09/08/2011 & 09/11/2011 - Proposal Deadlines

As the University is closed on Friday, September 8 & Monday, September 11, DSP will also be closed.  We have reviewed proposals with deadlines tomorrow and offer the following:

NIH Policy on Proposal submission during Natural Disasters: https://grants.nih.gov/grants/natural_disasters.htm.  NIH allows Universities closed during disasters reprieve from the deadline.  We will need to submit immediately upon return, so please ensure that all proposals are routed to DSP as soon as possible.  DSP will be drafting a standard cover letter that will accompany these proposals.

NSF Policy on Proposal submission during Natural Disasters: https://www.nsf.gov/pubs/policydocs/pappg17_1/pappg_1.jsp#disaster.  Faculty should reach out to the appropriate solicitation program officer in accordance with the policy.  Forwarding the University’s closure alert typically suffices.  All such responses and approvals should be uploaded to your Fastlane proposal in accordance with the NSF policy.

As state agencies are closed, we will contact all individuals with legitimate proposal deadlines upon return on Tuesday, September 12.

The limited DSP staff who have been willing to donate their time to submission rather than preparing their families for the hurricane will be devoted to nonfederal sponsors that have no standing policy regarding submission extensions during such disasters.  If you have questions about this process or believe you have a proposal that meets this requirement, please feel free to email me.

Again, please remember that we will have not only the proposals that were to have been submitted during the deadline but the normal business accumulating upon return.  Please make sure to submit all proposals as early as possible to ensure we are able to meet all deadlines.

Thank you.

Stephanie

Stephanie Gray

Assistant Vice President

Division of Sponsored Programs

Office of Research

UNIVERSITY of  FLORIDA

PO Box 115500|213 Grinter Hall, Gainesville, FL 32611| Phone: 352.392-3516| Email: [log in to unmask] | Web:  research.ufl.edu