http://waterinstitute.ufl.edu

From: Margaret Atherton [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2017 8:27 AM
To: Subject: Tiffany & Co. Foundation RFP in Mining and Coral Conservation - due August 5, 2018

Greetings –

I want to be sure that you are aware of a funding opportunity from the Tiffany & Company Foundation.  Please forward this note to anyone else who might be interested.  If you or any of your colleagues choose to pursue an application, please let me know -- I would be happy to help with it.

Tiffany & Co. Foundation

Grants in Responsible Mining and Coral Conservation

Deadline: August 5, 2108

Amount: $25,000 - $300,000 in 2016

The Foundation supports organizations dedicated to the stewardship of natural resources in the areas of responsible mining and coral reef conservation. Specifically, the Foundation promotes responsible mining through remediation, land preservation and standards-setting efforts and healthy marine ecosystems through key research and targeted educational outreach.

Coral Conservation Strategies

·         Promote awareness and education of the importance of corals and marine ecosystems through outreach to targeted constituencies such as consumers, ocean enthusiasts and select marine-tourism providers.

·         Support key research and reef management strategies to directly contribute to saving reef ecosystems.

Responsible Mining

The Foundation believes that the manner in which precious metals and gemstones are extracted is of the utmost importance. The Foundation supports organizations that promote responsible mining of precious metals, diamonds and gemstones as well as organizations that assist communities where mining occurs, particularly in the American West and Sub-Saharan Africa.

Goal 1

·         To promote the development of standards for responsible mining at the large-and small-scale level.

Strategy

·         Encourage civil society, business and governments worldwide to work collaboratively on standards for the responsible mining of precious metals and gemstones, particularly through research, convenings and international standards development.

Goal 2

·         To remediate areas where both small - and large - scale mining have occurred.

Strategy

·         Support models of reclamation and restoration work that bring together local  communities, government, business  and  civil society in an effort to reclaim and remediate land and watersheds in which mining has occurred.

Goal 3

·         To protect places of natural and historic importance from the threat of mining.

Strategy

·         Promote land and water conservation through the support of scientific research, convenings, awareness and education focused on responsible natural resource management.

Please let me know if I or my colleagues can be of assistance.

Best regards,

Margaret

Margaret Cole Atherton
Executive Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations

1938 W. University Ave., Gainesville, FL 32603
UF Advancement

Documents made or received by anyone acting for or on behalf of the UF Foundation are confidential and exempt from F.S. 119.07(1) pursuant to F.S. 1004.28(5) and in accordance with the UF Foundation policy on confidentiality of Foundation documents. The University of Florida Foundation solicits tax deductible private contributions for the benefit of the University of Florida. For our full disclosure statement, please see http://www.uff.ufl.edu/Documents/Document.asp?DocID=1751164.