MEMORANDUM

October 31, 2017

All Graduate Coordinators and Staff

All Graduate Deans, Associate Deans, School Directors and Department Chairs

UF Graduate School

RE:

Upcoming Release Dates for COMPASS/MyUFL Updates Affecting Graduate Student Records and Processes

As you know, the University of Florida is hard at work on the COMPASS initiative, which involves replacing and updating a number of student records-related systems. The Graduate School is committed to keeping graduate coordinators and staff informed throughout the transition process and beyond. Since we recognize that you will likely be getting communications from many different sources as each new release date approaches, we plan to keep our emails focused on the changes you should expect in your workflow relating directly to the Graduate School, and in particular your use of GIMS functionality. Your use of GIMS is expected to evolve somewhat over the course of the project as new functionality becomes available in the central Student Information System (SIS), but these changes will come with coordinated training efforts through HR.

The upcoming release schedule for the myUFL Student Information System (Campus Solutions) is as follows:

Release 3 – January 16, 2018 – Student Program Plan (student degree program participation), Institutional Student Information Record (ISIR) Processing

Updates to graduate student majors, degrees, concentrations, minors, and degree attributes will begin to take place in the myUFL Student Information System. These capabilities in GIMS will be turned off when the myUFL functionality is turned on. Online and in-person training will be available beginning December 16, 2017, and we will send finalized dates of in-person training out via email in early December.

Your existing security in GIMS will be converted over to the new myUFL Student Information System – you will not need to re-request access. We will send out a checklist for you to use to double-check your roles.

Updates to graduate student milestones (final exam, qualifying exam), committees, and all other GIMS functions will continue to be performed in GIMS.

Release 4 – March 5, 2018 – Degree Audit, Academic Advising, Award Financial Aid

Updates to graduate student milestones (final exam, qualifying exam) will begin to take place in the myUFL Student Information System. Online training will be available beginning February 5, 2018.

Updates to committees and all other GIMS functions will continue to be performed in GIMS.

Release 5 – March 26, 2018 – Registration, Enrollment Verification

No changes to GIMS/Graduate School functionality, though many GIMS users who assist students with registration will want to keep an eye out for communications from the Office of the University Registrar regarding training in this area (available February 26).

Release 6 – August 6, 2018 – Student Financials

No changes to GIMS/Graduate School student records functionality.

Release 7 – August 20, 2018 – Grades, Transcripts, Aid Disbursement, Graduation

No major changes expected to GIMS/Graduate School functionality at this time; however, starting Fall 2018, the Graduate School’s degree audit requirements are expected to be the system of record for Graduate School degree certification, so additional reference guides and training will be made available to assist students, faculty, and staff in understanding the Graduate School’s requirements on the degree audit.

The Graduate School is excited to be closely involved in the development of the new Student Information System, and is also continuing to plan improvements to petitions, transfer credit, and other processes not included in the initial launch phases listed above.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding changes in Graduate School functionality over the next two years, we will do our best to answer them. General information about the entire COMPASS project can be found at the newly-redesigned COMPASS website at https://compass.ufl.edu/, including information on training efforts, timelines for all parts of the project, and where to direct more general questions and feedback.

If you have questions about changes in Graduate School-related functions over the life of the project, please direct them to Jenn Hubbs at [log in to unmask].