Over 30 years ago I studied new PC users and the help they got from their friends. We mailed them a questionnaire on a disk which they then sent back to me.  The 15 year old high school kid who programmed the questionnaire, then a first because there were no self-administered computerized questionnaires and no internet, Stefan Savage, was just announced as a MacArthur Foundation Fellow (the so called genius award).

--
Charles Kadushin
Distinguished Scholar,