Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 19:05:13 +0200
From: VAN METER Karl <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
Subject: [bms-rc33] Call - Two Assis Profs in Statistical Sciences & Sociology
     (Univ of Toronto)

>> Consider submitting your methodologically interesting articles to the BMS <<
       >> Soumettez vos articles méthodologiquement intéressants au BMS <<

Deadline: 31 October 2017

Two Positions ID:	UofT-Statistical Sciences-A1PSS [#9847, STA/SOC 17#1] &
[#9848, STA/SOC 17#1]
Position Title: 	Assistant Professor, Statistical and Social Science
Position Type:	Tenured/Tenure-track faculty
Position Location:	Toronto, Ontario M5S 3G3, Canada [map]
Subject Areas: 	Data Analytics
Statistics
Big Data Analytics
Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science
Actuarial Science
Data Mining & Machine Learning
Biostatistics
Quantitative Sciences
Data Science

The Department of Sociology and the Department of Statistical Sciences in the
Faculty of Arts and Science at the University of Toronto invites applications
for a joint (51% Statistical Sciences, 49% Sociology) tenure-stream
appointment. The appointment will be at the rank of Assistant Professor and
will begin on July 1, 2018.

We are interested in candidates from all areas of sociology and statistical
science whose research program advances both disciplines. We are particularly
interested in exceptional candidates who transcend traditional statistical and
sociological research topics, who complement our existing strengths, and who
are working on non-traditional areas at the cutting edge of both disciplines.

Applicants must have a Ph.D. in Sociology, Statistics or a closely related
field by the time of appointment or shortly thereafter, and must demonstrate
excellence in teaching and research. Evidence of research excellence will
consist of publications in top ranked and field-relevant academic journals,
presentations at top conferences, research awards and accolades, and strong
endorsements by referees of top international stature. Evidence for excellence
in teaching is based on strong letters of reference and a teaching dossier
containing a strong statement of teaching philosophy, teaching accomplishments
and evaluations.

The University of Toronto is an international leader in sociology and
statistical science research and education. Successful candidates are expected
to pursue independent, innovative research at the highest international level;
to establish a strong externally funded independent research program; to have a
strong commitment to undergraduate and graduate teaching, and to contribute to
the enrichment of both Departments. The successful candidate will join a
vibrant intellectual community of world-class scholars at Canadas leading
University. The Greater Toronto Area offers amazing cultural and demographic
diversity and one of the highest standards of living in the world.

Salary to be commensurate with qualifications and experience.

Applicants should apply online at AcademicJobsOnline and include a curriculum
vitae, a list of publications, research and teaching statements, as well as a
teaching dossier. Applicants should also arrange to have at least three letters
of reference (on letterhead and signed) uploaded through AcademicJobsOnline
directly by the writers.

Review of applications will begin on October 31, 2017 and applicants should
endeavor to have all materials submitted by then, however applications will be
accepted until position is filled.

For more information about the Departments of Statistical Sciences and
Sociology, please visit our websites at www.utstat.toronto.edu and
sociology.utoronto.ca. If you have questions about the position, please contact
Katrina Mintis at [log in to unmask] or Tina Colomvakos at

The University of Toronto is strongly committed to diversity within its
community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons /
persons of colour, women, Indigenous / Aboriginal People of North America,
persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the
further diversification of ideas.

All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and
permanent residents will be given priority.

Application Materials Required:

     Submit the following items online at this website to complete your
application:

         Cover Letter
         Curriculum Vitae
         Research Statement
         Teaching Statement
         Publication List
         Teaching Dossier
         Three Reference Letters (to be submitted by the reference writers at
this site help popup)

     And anything else requested in the position description.

Further Info:

     www.utstat.toronto.edu sociology.utoronto.ca
     416-978-4722

     100 St. George Street Rm 6018
     Sidney Smith Hall
     Toronto, ON M5S 3G3

*
* Karl M. van Meter              BMS, Bulletin de Methodologie Sociologique
* [log in to unmask]           (Bulletin of Sociological Methodology)
* tel 33 (0)1 43 25 26 57        Web http://journals.sagepub.com/home/bms
*                                Blog http://karlvanmeter.wordpress.com/
* Ecole normale supérieure       distribution list [log in to unmask]
* 48 boulevard Jourdan           free distribution list [log in to unmask]
* 75014 Paris, France
*                                RC33, Research Committee Logic &
* BMS-AIMS                       Methodology of the International
* 45 rue Linné                   Sociological Association (ISA)
* 75005 Paris, France            http://www.rc33.org/
*
*                   http://ens.academia.edu/KarlMvanMeter