Dear friends,

I'm writing to let you know that our CS department at Wesleyan is hiring
for a tenure-track assistant professorship to start Fall 2018, and I'm hoping
you can help spread the word.  We hope to attract applications that will diversify
our department, whether that be in terms of research, make-up of the
faculty, or other metrics. In particular, we have no targeted research
areas, and are happy to consider applicants that deepen our existing
strengths and applicants that broaden our research profile.  The full ad
and application process is at

  https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__academicjobsonline.org_ajo_jobs_9599&d=DwIFAg&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=DeWmQBGmqruQY6PpspRuNi_wLXHWh8BMEbSyjwnYPSk&s=3gk98tcVqMyk78NH6LW6cv6w4S1W9lvNxkB1DdUiTbg&e=  <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__academicjobsonline.org_ajo_jobs_9599&d=DwIFAg&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=DeWmQBGmqruQY6PpspRuNi_wLXHWh8BMEbSyjwnYPSk&s=3gk98tcVqMyk78NH6LW6cv6w4S1W9lvNxkB1DdUiTbg&e= >

We will begin reviewing applications 01 December.

One of our concerns is that potentially good candidates may not consider
Wesleyan at all, viewing it as a liberal arts institution that focuses
on teaching and puts research in the back seat.  That's definitely not
the case here, something I think our teaching load (3 courses/year) and
tenure expectations (honestly equal weight to teaching and research)
reflect.  But we cannot convince good candidates of that if we don't
know about them...

If you know of anybody who might be interested, I would be grateful if
you could pass along this information.  This goes even more so for
candidates from under-represented groups.  Alternatively, I'd be happy
to hear of any such potential candidates who I could directly encourage
to apply.  And of course if you know of someone who would like more
information, please ask him/her to contact me directly at
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Thanks!

    - Saray