Please circulate to anyone that may be interested.
Two post-doc positions for network scholars.

Would be happy to respond to queries.

Dimitris Christopoulos

The Centre for Networks and Enterprise (CNE).

The CNE was set-up in March 2017 following the appointment of a new Executive Dean to the Edinburgh Business School. Its stated aim is to facilitate research in network science for the business community.  The Executive Dean, Professor Heather McGregor, is assisted by the Director of the Centre, Dr Dimitris Christopoulos, a team of research assistants and a number of EBS scholars to conduct applied research and facilitate learning.  The Centre is currently supporting research on gender and boardroom interlocks, finance syndication, social entrepreneurship and careers. A common parameter of all projects are network informed interventions.  Our research is aimed at supporting people to achieve their potential and facilitating business to optimize operations.

We are currently seeking two Post-doctoral Researchers.

Further details

Post-doctoral researchers are expected to be an integral part of the Centre for Networks and Enterprise by helping us develop its research and administration.  Successful applicants will have a strong record of research, closely aligned with the objectives of CNE.  We expect to recruit researchers with in depth understanding of research design and strong methodological expertise in quantitative and mixed methods.

Those appointed will be encouraged and supported to conduct new research and integrate in current research teams. They will be expected to support the administration of the centre, by assisting in the organisation of colloquia and the guest speaker series.  They will also be strongly encouraged to pursue grant applications to public and corporate funders.

We will consider applications from all disciplinary backgrounds and fields.

We offer

A competitive salary in line with University scales and commensurate with experience and seniority.

A dynamic research environment.

World class academic infrastructure.

Possibility to have methodological and research training.

Support with attending conferences and field research.

The opportunity to gain experience in University teaching.

Period of appointment is 2 years in the first instance.

Full time but also flexible.

Based at our Edinburgh campus in Riccarton.

Key duties and responsibilities:

Please note that this job description is not exhaustive, and the role holder may be required to undertake other relevant duties commensurate with the grading of the post.  Activities may be subject to amendment over time as the role develops and/or priorities and requirements evolve.
DEADLINE 22nd November.

APPLY VIA:  https://www.hw.ac.uk/about/work/jobs/job_SVJDMTIyMDk.htm

Dr Dimitris Christopoulos
Dean of Executive Education & MBA,
MU Vienna
&
Associate Research Professor
Edinburgh Business School

Adaptive Capacity and Governance Networks Environmental Science & Policy

'The impact of social networks on leadership behaviour' Methodological Innovations

'...Political entrepreneurs and brokers in policy making’ The European Political Science Review

‘The Motivation of Social Entrepreneurs ... The Journal of Social Entrepreneurship