Colleagues,

I am pleased to call your attention to four new articles from the Journal of Social Structure available here https://www.cmu.edu/joss/ content/articles/volindex.html .  I have taken over the editorship from Jim Moody who served in that role for at least three years longer than he expected, 1.5 of which were consumed by the transition!  The community owes him much thanks for his service and his patience!  And, of course, let’s not overlook his leadership on the graph visualization symposium section of JoSS.  It was a nice innovative use of the online nature of the journal.

Cathy McGrath will continue in the role of managing editor, the person who actually changes the oil (i.e., sees that the articles are posted, etc.).  The journal itself is still hosted by Carnegie-Mellon but that is soon to change.  So stay tuned!  And if you get a request to review from me, I’d very much appreciate your input.  The review process remains quite informal – no logging into a MSS management system using an id you’ve forgotten and a password you can never recall, just an email from me.

Finally, do consider us as a place of your own work.  We are INSNA’s official journal and are always on the look-out for material that contributes to the study of social structure as revealed through the structure and dynamics of networks.

John

John Skvoretz, AAAS Fellow

Editor, Journal of Social Structure

Distinguished University Professor of Sociology

Carolina Distinguished Professor Emeritus

Department of Sociology

University of South Florida

4202 E Fowler Ave, CPR 107

Tampa, FL USA 33620-5550