Dear all,

The WWCS is a relatively young workshop, the 2018 edition will be the
fourth in the series, with previous editions in Brussels, Madrid and
Belgrade. The next WWCS will take place in Utrecht, *The Netherlands
from 29th January to 2nd February.*

The WWCS was inspired by the Sante Fe Institute's Complex Systems Summer
School (CSSS) and its goal is to inspire and promote *interdisciplinary
collaborations* in complex systems research.  As such, the focus of the
week will be to initiate new interdisciplinary projects.  The workshop
is open to *postdocs and experienced PhD students* (about 40 in total).
A large portion of the workshop will be dedicated to project teams
spending time developing project ideas that they will present at the end
of the workshop.  To facilitate this, we will have a number of other
activities, including talks from invited speakers, social activities and
games.

We have invited three exciting*speakers * (Paulien Hogeweg, Anastasios
Noulas, Andrea Baronchelli) who will also be around during the workshop
to offer advice and join in the collaboration.

The cost of the workshop is just *100 euros* and includes:
   -  Lunch each day of the workshop
   -  Introduction mixer evening (drinks and dinner)
   -  Social dinner
   -  Workshop pack

Currently this does not include accommodation, but we are working hard
to find a cost effective solution in the form of shared dorms. Our
current estimate is that this will be about 50-100 euros, although we
hope to reduce this cost further. More information will be provided
after we send out notifications of acceptance.

For more information and details of how to apply, please see our website
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__wwcs2018.github.io_&d=DwICaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=5ApdF-rfE9dVXTBGtHMVfn1EYw9ylvonbjF40mif_jg&s=BdVtSarHzkeoVLRPhQXUUh79YvP8PLxJQU7VKx3WlEk&e=  <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__wwcs2018.github.io_&d=DwICaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=5ApdF-rfE9dVXTBGtHMVfn1EYw9ylvonbjF40mif_jg&s=BdVtSarHzkeoVLRPhQXUUh79YvP8PLxJQU7VKx3WlEk&e= >

The *deadline for applications is 31st October 2017*