Dear all,

The WWCS is a relatively young workshop, the 2018 edition will be the fourth in the series, with previous editions in Brussels, Madrid and Belgrade. The next WWCS will take place in Utrecht, The Netherlands from 29th January to 2nd February.

The WWCS was inspired by the Sante Fe Institute's Complex Systems Summer School (CSSS) and its goal is to inspire and promote interdisciplinary collaborations in complex systems research.  As such, the focus of the week will be to initiate new interdisciplinary projects.  The workshop is open to postdocs and experienced PhD students (about 40 in total). A large portion of the workshop will be dedicated to project teams spending time developing project ideas that they will present at the end of the workshop.  To facilitate this, we will have a number of other activities, including talks from invited speakers, social activities and games.

We have invited three exciting speakers (Paulien Hogeweg, Anastasios Noulas, Andrea Baronchelli) who will also be around during the workshop to offer advice and join in the collaboration.

The cost of the workshop is just 100 euros and includes:
  -  Lunch each day of the workshop
  -  Introduction mixer evening (drinks and dinner)
  -  Social dinner
  -  Workshop pack

Currently this does not include accommodation, but we are working hard to find a cost effective solution in the form of shared dorms. Our current estimate is that this will be about 50-100 euros, although we hope to reduce this cost further. More information will be provided after we send out notifications of acceptance.

For more information and details of how to apply, please see our website https://wwcs2018.github.io/

The deadline for applications is 31st October 2017