Distinguished historian Niall Ferguson has written a very interesting article full of network ideas in Foreign Affairs 96: 5 Sept/Oct 2017 pp. 68-79 - well worth reading, with some interesting claims about social media effects in our modern world.

Here is the URL
https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/2017-08-15/false-prophecy-hyperconnection<https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/2017-08-15/false-prophecy-hyperconnection>

Garry

Professor Garry Robins
Melbourne School of Psychological Sciences
University of Melbourne
Victoria 3010
Australia
Adjunct Professor, Swinburne University, Melbourne, Australia.

Personal website: https://sites.google.com/site/garryrobins/

Melnet website:  www.melnet.org.au<http://www.melnet.org.au/>

Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com.au/citations?user=25_H0_wAAAAJ&hl=en

Check out my new book on Social Network Research. Doing Social Network Research: Network-based research design for social scientists.Sage books
www.sagepub.com/en-gb/oce/doing-social-network-research/Book241817<http://www.sagepub.com/en-gb/oce/doing-social-network-research/Book241817>