Dear all,

Please help us spread the word -- I am happy to answer questions and/or talk with interested candidates who would like to learn more about our department and affiliations with the Network Science Institute and other research centers on campus.

Best,
Brooke

Job Opening: Associate or Full Professor at Northeastern University

The Department of Communication Studies at Northeastern University in Boston, MA invites applications for a full-time, tenure-on-entry position at the rank of Associate or Full Professor specializing in communication and technology. We are seeking candidates whose research focuses on digital communication, including the design, use, effects, and societal implications of online, mobile, and social media communication. We welcome a variety of disciplinary and methodological approaches, and we are particularly interested in candidates who can work across disciplines, contributing to Northeastern’s Network Science Initiative, NU Lab for Text Maps and Networks, Global Resilience Initiative, Cybersecurity and Privacy Institute, and other relevant campus-wide programs. The individual filling this position will teach courses at the undergraduate and graduate level, with an emphasis on digital communication, network science, data visualization, online communities, social media, and!
 /or related topics.

Qualifications

Successful candidates must have a Ph.D. in communication or a closely affiliated discipline and a nationally distinguished record of research, college-level teaching, and service, appropriate for appointment at the rank of Associate or Full Professor.

Equal Employment Opportunity

Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Qualified candidates must have experience in, or a demonstrated commitment to, working with diverse student populations and/or in a culturally diverse work and educational environment. Northeastern University offers benefits coverage to the domestic partners of benefits-eligible faculty and staff.

How To Apply

To apply, visit the College of Arts, Media and Design website: http://www.northeastern.edu/camd and click on “Faculty Positions.” Applicants should submit a letter of application describing teaching, research, and any relevant professional experience, along with a CV, two representative publications, and evidence of excellence in teaching. Applicants should also identify three or more references that can be contacted to provide letters of recommendation. Applications received on or before November 17, 2017 will be guaranteed full review and consideration. Inquires may be directed to Dr. Dale Herbeck, Chair of the Communication Studies Department, at [log in to unmask].

This institution offers benefits to same-sex and to different sex domestic partners

This institution offers benefits to spouses