From: "Valle,Denis R" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: November 8, 2017 at 1:37:45 PM EST
Cc: Daijiang <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>, Qing Zhao <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: FW: A New Course of Computer Programming with R

From: Zhao,Qing
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2017 1:06 PM
To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Valle,Denis R <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>; [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Subject: A New Course of Computer Programming with R

Dear colleagues,

We are excited to introduce a new course called "Introduction to Computer Programming with R". This course is developed by Denis Valle (School of Forest Resources & Conservation), Daijiang Li (Department of Wildlife Ecology & Conservation) and myself (Qing Zhao, School of Forest Resources & Conservation) and will be offered for the first time in the spring semester of 2018. This is an 1-credit, online course that targets both on-campus and off-campus students who have no experience in computer programming. Our goal is to help students to gain basic knowledge and skills in computer programming using R. Therefore, instead of introducing statistical knowledge, we will focus on basic and general computer programming concepts and techniques such as data indexing, loops and customized functions.

Please find the flyer of this course in the attachment, and it will be greatly appreciated if you could help to spread the news.

Sincerely,
Qing?