MEMORANDUM

November 2, 2017

Graduate Associate Deans, School Directors, Department Chairs, Coordinators and Staff

Tyisha Hathorn, PhD

Director, Office of Graduate Diversity Initiatives

Division of Graduate Student Affairs

UF Graduate School

RE:

2018-19 DIVERSITY ENHANCEMENT AWARD (TOP-UP) NOMINATION

The Office of Graduate Diversity Initiatives is requesting your assistance in announcing our 2018-19 Diversity Enhancement Award.

This award is available to departments for the purpose of providing additional stipend support for highly sought-after underrepresented minority applicants.  This award provides up to $5,000 per year, for up to 4 years of additional funds, thereby making the department’s financial offer more competitive.  This award must be coupled with an initial stipend offered by the department and cannot be coupled to any other Graduate School funding.

The nomination period for students starting in Fall 2018  is November 1, 2017-February 23, 2018. All nominations will be reviewed within three weeks of submission. Click here for a nomination form.

Please contact our office before the deadline if you need an extension.

If you have questions concerning this funding opportunity contact the Office of Graduate Diversity Initiatives at [log in to unmask].