Hi Angie.

This used to happen regularly at my previous institution. We didn't do any
targeted marketing, though, and I would love to hear from other colleagues
if they have. I do not have data for my present program, but I will have it
at the end of the semester.

The other thing that our tutors used to say is that female students usually
went to the sessions more prepared. I think having a tutor/tutee contract
could help student improve in this area. I will have implement it next
semester. I hope it will also help with no-shows.

Best,

Ira

On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 10:19 AM, Wolfe, Angela C <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> *Hi, All.*
>
> *I just completed some preliminary semester reports for my supervisor and
> noticed that female students attended 50% more tutoring appointments than
> male students.  Has anyone had this issue?  If so, did you engage in any
> type of campaign to market tutoring services directly to males?*

Ira Fabri
*Pronouns: She, Her, Hers*
Assistant Director of Tutoring
Learning Resources Center (LRC)