We have one test for English placement that was written by our Liberal
Arts/Writing faculty.  Students read an essay and
write their own essay in response, agreeing or disagreeing with the
author's point of view.

Eileen Howell
SUNY Sullivan

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 2:10 PM, Brittany Dotson <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Good afternoon!
>
> Our institution currently uses Accuplacer to determine a student's
> placement into a reading
> course. We would like to move away from using Accuplacer, and I am
> interested in knowing
> what others are using to determine reading course placement. I have seen
> others post they
> use SAT/ACT scores, but we are a "test-optional" institution. Is anyone
> using a different
> platform or a different standardized test for this purpose?

> browser to

*Eileen Howell*
*Coordinator of Student Support Services*
*SUNY Sullivan*
*Dept. of Learning and Student Development*
*(NVRA registration site)*
*845-434-5750 x 4328*