Good morning colleagues,

Our institution has been developing online graduate degree programs in nursing and business and wants to explore tutoring options for these programs. Currently, we have a peer learning assistance center that serves our undergraduates. Our data shows that some graduate students use our services, mainly for writing support and business tutoring.

We want to learn more about how similar centers like ours have developed online tutoring programs for a) online graduate programs to support students who are not located on campus, and b) online undergraduate tutoring to supplement in-person tutoring:

·        If you have been involved with the expansion of traditional peer learning assistance programming into online approaches, I’d potentially like to learn more about your history of developing such a program.

·        I’d appreciate any synopses of your programs, links, information about your online infrastructure, or narrative responses about your experiences in adding online tutoring programming for students seeking online graduate degrees.

·        Since we have experience in our programs with helping graduate students with writing support, I’m particularly interested in learning how programs have added online writing support.

·        Any references to recommended literature regarding making first steps in this direction and the development of training for online tutors would be helpful.

Thanks for your consideration. As always, I look forward to hearing from you.

All the best,

Jeffrey

Jeffrey White, M.A., M.S.

Learning Commons Administrator, Shepard Academic Resource Center

Instructor of German, International Languages and Cultures

Buckley Center 163, MSC 184

University of Portland

5000 N. Willamette Blvd.

Portland, Oregon 97203