Hello,

Tutors are paid for their training experience at two levels.  Level 1 certification includes 13.5 hrs of training which happens throughout the semester.  However, they attend 4 hours of training and begin tutoring.  For Level 2 training it's 10 hrs of paid training.  New tutors are paid $9 per hour (Maine's minimum wage) with experienced tutors earning $9.70 and our most experienced tutors who are Area Coordinators earning $9.95 per hour.

We also have tutoring for Academic Credit at 1, 2 or 3 credits and tutors who are hired by us are able to enroll in the course which includes all the training and reporting that are program required and for certification.  They are required to pay for the credit and it is through the College of Education and Human Development as a Field Experience course.

Best

Mary Beth Willett,  Associate Director
College Success Programs,
University of Maine