Hi Ira!

I paid my new tutors this semester for training at their standard hourly rate ($11.25- pay is standardized at two levels at Goucher and my tutors are paid at Level 2). However, for next year, I have gotten a two-credit hour course approved so that they will get class credit and the pedagogy training/class will appear on their transcripts. This will be cheaper for us and strengthen their transcripts (especially if they want to be a TA in graduate school or become a teacher).

At all of my previous positions, we ran a tutor, SI leader, and peer mentor training class for new peer leaders. Students were then paid for continued meetings and trainings as returning tutors.

Thanks!

~Justine

Justine Chasmar Stauffer, Ph.D.

Director, Quantitative Reasoning Center

Assistant Professor

Center for Data, Mathematics, and Computational Sciences
Goucher College

Julia Rogers 143
410-337-6302

Awards Chair