Hi, Kellie.

At the program level we have three outcomes for students and three outcomes for our tutors. We have many more outcomes for our tutors that are related to tutor training for CLRA certification purposes, but for the “program itself” we have three each. The first two for our students are fairly similar, but we measure them different so we kept them both to start—we may make changes in the coming months.

·         Students will be able to demonstrate an increase in their academic self-efficacy.

·         Students will be able to self-report an increase in their confidence level regarding their coursework.

·         Students using Weekly Tutoring will be able to demonstrate an observable increase in their metacognitive skills (by identifying their learning strengths and applying them to their study habits).

·         Peer educators will be able to demonstrate successful tutoring practices in tutoring sessions.

·         Peer educators will be able to convey information effectively and responsibly.

·         Peer educators will be able to work effectively as members of the ARC team.

Our College’s institutional Assessment Committee, the group that oversees the program review process for academic programs/departments, decided that all academic offices would also have to go through program review. We do this for our academic departments every five years, where we evaluate their program’s assessment plan (outcomes, measures, targets, results, etc.). This is the first year that the academic offices are going through that process. The committee looked through my self-study report yesterday (while I was out of town) so I don’t have their feedback yet, but that may help us decide to make some changes to our assessment plan. We have direct and indirect measures for all of the above outcomes, as well as varied targets and some results for a couple of the measures.

I hope this helps! Feel free to reach out to me for more detailed information.

Best,

Marissa

Marissa Loon

Director of the Academic Resource Center

Nichols College

Learn. Lead. Succeed.

133 Center Road
Dudley, MA  01571-5000