From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ira Fabri
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2017 8:09 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Do you pay your tutors for training?

Hello, All.

I hope you had a nice break.

Here, at my new institutions, tutors are not paid for training. They have the option of taking a class, which at least will give them 2 credits; however, very few new tutors take advantage of it, and it is not available to tutors who come on board later in the semester. Tutors who do not take the class, take what we call the Alternate training, with no pay but they get CRLA certified.

What does you training program look like? And do you pay your tutors for it?

Thanks,

Ira

--
Ira Fabri