From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Rachel S Hoover <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, November 20, 2017 4:39:21 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Academic Success Conference Name

We are going to offer a conference the weekend before fall classes begin to help students start their academic year with information and strategies that will help them be successful academically, socially, and personally. We are targeting mainly first year students, but all students are welcome to attend. The conference will include team building activities and breakout sessions on a variety of topics such as study skills, financial aid, resources, etc.

Does anyone else offer this initiative on your campus? If so, what do you call it? We were planning on calling it The Academic Success Conference and have been asked to explore options that may be a little catchier to students.

Thank you,

Rachel Hoover
Director of STAR Services

Adaptability, Ideation, Activator, Communication, Woo

CONFIDENTIALITY: Any information contained in this e-mail (including attachments) is the property of The State of Texas and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited. Sending, receiving or forwarding of confidential, proprietary and privileged information is prohibited under Lamar Policy. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To access the LRNASST-L archives or User Guide, or to change your subscription options (including subscribe/unsubscribe), point your web browser to http://www.lists.ufl.edu/archives/lrnasst-l.html To contact the LRNASST-L owner, email [log in to unmask]