The second seminar in the 'Frontiers for Network Analysis in Health
Services Research and Implementation Science' Series will be delivered by *Dr
Amanda Beacom* on *December 6th at 4:00-5:30 *PM Eastern Time.

The talk is entitled

*"Multilevel Perspectives on the Diffusion of Health Care Best
Practices".*Amanda
is a Visiting Scholar at the Carroll School of Management, Boston College.
Her research aims to increase our understanding of how knowledge is
communicated in organizational networks, particularly in health contexts.
She holds a PhD in communication from the University of Southern California
and a master's degree in health policy from Johns Hopkins University. She
recently completed a postdoctoral fellowship at the University of Alberta
Faculty of Nursing.

*Abstract:*
*While scholars have developed a rich understanding of diffusion in
interpersonal knowledge networks--and, to a lesser extent, in
inter-organizational networks--we know much less about how knowledge and
best practices diffuse simultaneously across people, organizations, and
other types of actors within a population, sector, or industry. For
example, in planning a dissemination strategy, how might
inter-organizational network data enhance what we know about an
interpersonal network? Do opinion leading individuals tend to work in
opinion leading organizations? What new insights can we gain from
considering information technologies, as well as the people, as another
type, or level, of actor in diffusion networks? In this talk, I review some
obstacles to and advances in multilevel network analysis, and present two
of my own research projects that examine the diffusion of health care best
practices in multilevel networks.*

You can find the details of the event, and instructions to in-person
attendance online connection through Adobe Connect in this link:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ihpme.utoronto.ca_events_health-2Dservices-2D&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=Unoq4LLj2ROYjrpMQjQb-IHLQZ_Xra1Pme03M2h2-Tk&s=MTpPoieQBinQgsJQNssjMuBCzTe2Hvljt2rRMvXZeD4&e=
systems-policy-seminar-series-amanda-m-beacom/
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ihpme.utoronto.ca_events_hssp-2Dseminar-2D11082017_&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=Unoq4LLj2ROYjrpMQjQb-IHLQZ_Xra1Pme03M2h2-Tk&s=uwk1mZqpjaOtaDC5UXy7MDJ4RqTzz8LzIbAXgX2_VwU&e= >

In person or webinar presentations and Q/As will be broadcast online, and
will be archived on the IHPME website. You can watch the recorded videos of
previous seminars at: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ihpme.utoronto.ca_hssp-2Dseminar-2Darchives_&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=Unoq4LLj2ROYjrpMQjQb-IHLQZ_Xra1Pme03M2h2-Tk&s=eZE5ujKMAGBUUmy8rVbMZm9NEbEe9bJpZVragu7vJ4k&e=

If you’d like to receive notifications about future talks in the series
please send an email to [log in to unmask]

Please consider forwarding this information to any colleagues who might be
interested.

With Regards

Reza Yousefi Nooraie, MD, PhD

*Post-doctoral fellowInstitute of Health Policy, Management, and Evaluation
(IHPME)University of Toronto*