The second seminar in the 'Frontiers for Network Analysis in Health Services Research and Implementation Science' Series will be delivered by Dr Amanda Beacom on December 6th at 4:00-5:30 PM Eastern Time.

The talk is entitled "Multilevel Perspectives on the Diffusion of Health Care Best Practices".

Amanda is a Visiting Scholar at the Carroll School of Management, Boston College. Her research aims to increase our understanding of how knowledge is communicated in organizational networks, particularly in health contexts. She holds a PhD in communication from the University of Southern California and a master's degree in health policy from Johns Hopkins University. She recently completed a postdoctoral fellowship at the University of Alberta Faculty of Nursing.

Abstract:
While scholars have developed a rich understanding of diffusion in interpersonal knowledge networks--and, to a lesser extent, in inter-organizational networks--we know much less about how knowledge and best practices diffuse simultaneously across people, organizations, and other types of actors within a population, sector, or industry. For example, in planning a dissemination strategy, how might inter-organizational network data enhance what we know about an interpersonal network? Do opinion leading individuals tend to work in opinion leading organizations? What new insights can we gain from considering information technologies, as well as the people, as another type, or level, of actor in diffusion networks? In this talk, I review some obstacles to and advances in multilevel network analysis, and present two of my own research projects that examine the diffusion of health care best practices in multilevel networks.

You can find the details of the event, and instructions to in-person attendance online connection through Adobe Connect in this link:
http://ihpme.utoronto.ca/events/health-services-systems-policy-seminar-series-amanda-m-beacom/

In person or webinar presentations and Q/As will be broadcast online, and will be archived on the IHPME website. You can watch the recorded videos of previous seminars at: http://ihpme.utoronto.ca/hssp-seminar-archives/

If you’d like to receive notifications about future talks in the series please send an email to [log in to unmask]

Please consider forwarding this information to any colleagues who might be interested.

With Regards

Reza Yousefi Nooraie, MD, PhD
Post-doctoral fellow
Institute of Health Policy, Management, and Evaluation (IHPME)
University of Toronto