Dear All,

I am hiring a Research Associate (postdoc level) to work with me at the
Bartlett School of Architecture at UCL for a 15 months project starting
next year February or March 2018. The project 'Paths of resistant
pathogens in hospital wards' is funded by the Arts and Humanities
Research Council as part of the UK cross-council initiative to tackle
Anti-Microbial Resistance (AMR).

The project aims to uncover who contributes most to the potential spread
of pathogens in hospital environments. The team (Bartlett School of
Architecture, Public Health England, UCLH NHS Trust and St George's NHS
Trust) will map the paths and behaviours of people in hospital wards and
use the data to estimate exposure and transmission risks. This includes
the modelling of paths of pathogens with Space Syntax techniques (a
spatial network analysis tool). The cooperating institutes will then
work with healthcare professionals, patients and visitors to create
design-led responses to the anti-microbial problem.

While this is not directly a social networks related project, this may
still be of interest to readers of this list.

The position is available for 15 months (annual salary: £34,635) and we
plan to apply for follow-up funding during the course of the project.

If you know someone who might be interested, please circulate this
message to them. If you have any questions on the position or the
project, please send me a private email ([log in to unmask]).

You can find out more and apply for the post here:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__tinyurl.com_pathspostdoc&d=DwIDaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=DdRUruQmmit46NcXs3RfORV8y141CmjkZAO2qzyUf9E&s=AzVnIhc-JIJzdZaFTRcvtqySDg6Y4Lw8Ld4-6Rya3GE&e=

Best,

Kerstin

--
Dr Kerstin Sailer