Dear All,

I am hiring a Research Associate (postdoc level) to work with me at the Bartlett School of Architecture at UCL for a 15 months project starting next year February or March 2018. The project 'Paths of resistant pathogens in hospital wards' is funded by the Arts and Humanities Research Council as part of the UK cross-council initiative to tackle Anti-Microbial Resistance (AMR).

The project aims to uncover who contributes most to the potential spread of pathogens in hospital environments. The team (Bartlett School of Architecture, Public Health England, UCLH NHS Trust and St George's NHS Trust) will map the paths and behaviours of people in hospital wards and use the data to estimate exposure and transmission risks. This includes the modelling of paths of pathogens with Space Syntax techniques (a spatial network analysis tool). The cooperating institutes will then work with healthcare professionals, patients and visitors to create design-led responses to the anti-microbial problem.

While this is not directly a social networks related project, this may still be of interest to readers of this list.

The position is available for 15 months (annual salary: £34,635) and we plan to apply for follow-up funding during the course of the project.

If you know someone who might be interested, please circulate this message to them. If you have any questions on the position or the project, please send me a private email ([log in to unmask]).

You can find out more and apply for the post here: http://tinyurl.com/pathspostdoc

Best,

Kerstin

--