From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Katy Williams
Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2017 5:50 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: LASSI related activities/ material

Hello Peers,

My office puts on a workshop series for students during the month of January (during our January Term). The series is catered to the LASSI and skill building workshops. We call it "U-Turn". Anyhow, I am trying to get any ideas of activities or material to use that is less lecturey and more engaging. Our workshops are broken down in the following format.

Workshop 1: Attitudes & Motivation
Workshop 2: Time Management & Concentration
Workshop 3: Information Processing
Workshop 4: Selecting Main Ideas, Self Testing, & Testing Strategies
Workshop 5: Anxiety & Stress

If you have any ideas and willing to share, I'd love to hear!

Thanks,

Katy Williams '10
Assistant Director of Academic Skills Center

Austin College | Student Affairs and Athletics
900 North Grand Avenue, Suite 61595 | Sherman, Texas 75090
Phone 903.813.2738 | Fax 903.813.2038
[Description: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.austincollege.edu_images_AusColl-5FLogo-5FEmail.gif&d=DwIFAg&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=yBiE514ByeBuT9iMcmLL81H9l3w_eWJJCNWWYb5qET4&m=mNq84L2P1SxFZVLFw9jdJmfRtbCkGeOoCDqsHyv2JiM&s=2uiD3P843j1e0cv4D55ksx3Df963eU4OPIjPpAz0TFg&e= ]