Hi Brandon,

I know you have seen our Writing Center already – but for the record, our Writing Center is part of our Center for Teaching and Learning and reports through Undergraduate Studies (as do all of our CTL units). The director is a time position who is also faculty in the English department (with time responsibility in English) as is the Assistant Director (1/2 time in Writing Center, time in English). But the Center does NOT report to English although we collaborate with them closely. The benefit is that I believe we get far more funding being in the learning center than in the English department AND we hire writing consultants across all disciplines as students write in all disciplines!

Best wishes,

-Jennifer

Jennifer Bebergal, Ed.D.

Associate Dean for Retention and Academic Support

Center for Learning And Student Success (CLASS)

Florida Atlantic University

777 Glades Road, GS 223

Boca Raton, FL 33431

561-297-2432