Greetings,

This is my second attempt to share information and weblinks. For some reason, the previous one was garbled. Hopefully this works this time.

I saw an inquiry about Universal Instructional Design (UID) on LRNASST in the past couple of days. I worked with colleagues here at the University of Minnesota and other institutions nationally to develop practical materials for implementing UID (sometimes also known as Universal Design for Learning (UDL) in the classroom and also within student affairs services and program. It was supported by a federally-funded grant. These materials paired with a quality developmental-level course program can increase access and success of students.

Following are the web links to the free materials:
1. J. I. Higbee & E. Goff (Eds.), Pedagogy and student services for institutional transformation: Implementing Universal Design in higher education. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota, College of Education and Human Development. Retrieved from ERIC database. (ED503835).
http://cehd.umn.edu/passit/docs/PASS-IT-Book.pdf

2. Implementing UID in student service programs and services
http://www.cehd.umn.edu/passit/docs/guidebook-1.pdf

3. Implementing UID by faculty members and staff
http://www.cehd.umn.edu/passit/docs/guidebook-2.pdf

4. Video interviews of faculty and student perspectives on inclusive education
http://mediamill.cla.umn.edu/mediamill/display/73622

5. Uncertain Welcome: Video interviews of student voices on disability and postsecondary education
http://mediamill.cla.umn.edu/mediamill/display/70826

5.This is an older version of the PASS-IT book above.
Curriculum Transformation and Disability (CTAD): Implementing Universal Design in Higher Education.
http://www.cehd.umn.edu/CRDEUL/books-ctad.html

Take care,

David

David Arendale, Associate Professor

Univ of MN, College of Education & Human Development, Curriculum & Instruction, Peik Hall 275D, 159 Pillsbury Drive, SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455; (office) 612-625-2928; [log in to unmask]  http://arendale.org  Manager, http://EOA National Best Practices Center

Every day is Christmas when we make good choices. Those choices unwrap unexpected presents of joy that await us if we do our part and trust God for the rest.