Hello Peers,

My office puts on a workshop series for students during the month of January (during our January Term). The series is catered to the LASSI and skill building workshops. We call it “U-Turn”. Anyhow, I am trying to get any ideas of activities or material to use that is less lecturey and more engaging. Our workshops are broken down in the following format.

Workshop 1: Attitudes & Motivation

Workshop 2: Time Management & Concentration

Workshop 3: Information Processing

Workshop 4: Selecting Main Ideas, Self Testing, & Testing Strategies

Workshop 5: Anxiety & Stress

If you have any ideas and willing to share, I’d love to hear!

Thanks,

Katy Williams ‘10

Assistant Director of Academic Skills Center

Austin College | Student Affairs and Athletics

900 North Grand Avenue, Suite 61595 | Sherman, Texas 75090

Phone 903.813.2738 | Fax 903.813.2038

[log in to unmask]" alt="Description: http://www.austincollege.edu/images/AusColl_Logo_Email.gif">