Hi,

We survey our tutees about their experience with their tutor each semester and I typically compile a really brief summary of the results to send to each tutor through email.  The tutors keep asking for the actual results of the survey and more specific feedback so they can improve, but I’m concerned about providing them the survey results without context.  I know that if one tutee responded with something negative, even if they have tons of positive feedback, they will focus on the negative and be concerned that they will get in trouble. They are so used to being great, that any negative feedback will really throw them for a spin.  I’m only one person with ~90 tutors, so I can’t meet with them individually to give them feedback.  Does anyone out there have a similar situation and can share how you give helpful feedback without it being too time consuming? Maybe I’m protecting them too much… please call me out on it if you think so!

Thanks,

Rebecca