We invite abstracts to a session on "Social Networks and Sexual Risk" at
Sunbelt 2018:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__
sunbelt.sites.uu.nl_abstract-2Dsubmission_&d=DwIFAg&c=
pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY
__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=fHOPGc2rYhaC_iT2n1b4YM3xo4-9xQccnM-Ml8QMViA&s=
UH3ZRSJX0jTGwSlKyNY5pa-iokHMaoBAV1fb3qR28TY&e=

Session: Social Networks and Sexual Risk

The topic of social networks has become the focus of considerable interest
among researchers studying sexual risk behavior among a variety of
populations including but not limited to men who have sex with men (MSM),
people who inject drugs (PWID), sex workers, and adolescents. The network
perspective has offered a way to move beyond individual-level analysis to
consider the patterns of relationships in which individuals are embedded to
better understand flows of influence, social support, and infectious
disease transmission. In this session, we seek papers that explore the
connection between sociometric or egocentric network structure and
composition and sexual risks in at-risk populations. We aim to feature a
wide range of network analytic techniques ranging from descriptive and
exploratory methods to stochastic approaches like exponential random graph
models (ERGMs) and actor-based models.  We encourage the presentation of
both cross-sectional and longitudinal data that is either single- or
multi-level.

Organizers: Lindsay Young and John Schneider, University of Chicago,
Department of  Medicine

---

Lindsay E. Young, PhD

Postdoctoral Scholar

University of Chicago | Department of Medicine

Chicago Center for HIV Elimination