Possibly of interest to some on the list:

Associate Editor for Science

Join the editorial team at Science! We are seeking a full time Associate Editor to work either in our Washington, DC, USA or Cambridge, UK office.

We are looking for someone with a strong research background in the social sciences (to at least postgraduate level). We are particularly interested in candidates with a knowledge of economics and computational social sciences, with expertise in applied statistics. We seek applicants who are scientifically rigorous and able to critically evaluate scientific work, have a great love of science and an excellent ability to network with the research community.

Candidates are expected to travel internationally to scientific meetings and institutions, to interact extensively with the scientific community in order to encourage excellent manuscripts to come to Science. Responsibilities include managing the selection, review, and editing of research manuscripts, working with authors on revisions, soliciting review articles and special issues, and fostering contacts and communication with the scientific community.

A Ph.D. in a relevant social science discipline, postdoctoral experience and multiple publications are required, as is the ability to work constructively as a member of a team. Previous editing experience is a plus. Evidence of an aptitude and passion for the communication of science is essential.

Science is published by the AAAS, the world’s largest general scientific membership organization. Visit us at www.sciencemag.org and www.aaas.org.  EOE.  Non-smoking work environment.

For consideration send a cover letter and resume, along with your salary requirements, to

AAAS

Attention: Executive Editor (Request #????)

Human Resources Office, Suite 101

1200 New York Ave., NW

Washington, DC 20005

or, by email, to [log in to unmask] or, by fax, to 202-682-1630

David Lazer

Distinguished Professor of Political Science and Computer and Information Science, Northeastern University
Co-Director, NULab for Texts, Maps, and Networks:  http://www.northeastern.edu/nulab/
Visiting Scholar, Institute for Quantitative Social Science, Harvard University

PLEASE VOLUNTEER:  http://www.VolunteerScience.com
Check out:  LazerLab.net