Dear List,

As to the Merton Award call we sent a few days ago, please consider that
the date of publication of eligible papers was incorrect. The eligible
years are 2016 and 2017. Please find below the corrected call.

*Call for nominations*
We are inviting nominations for the 2018 Robert K. Merton Award. The
prize will be presented at the 11th International Network for Analytical
Sociologists Conference (INAS) on June 7-8, 2018, in Stanford
(https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__siepr.stanford.edu_events_11th-2Dannual-2Dinas-2Dconference&d=DwICaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=pTOg60Osmy-RFPmkx5R7vCj1W-zoSRzA1g6CD84bPiA&s=HOuHuwMmnrHrJ603iu1j0DPOrtUp7nHVmU5R164bCUc&e= ).

Nominations can be for a paper on any topic related to analytical
sociology, published in print (or online for online-only journals)
during 2016 or 2017. Self-nominations are allowed.

Papers paying special attention to the following elements will be
particularly appreciated: careful research design; well-defined
empirical explanatory focus; clear specification of explanatory
mechanisms, detailing connections between levels of analysis;
tailor-made methodological procedures, being qualitative or
quantitative; explicitness on (methodological) assumptions; clarity in
the writing style.

Please send a copy of the nominated paper, together with a brief
motivation to the committee chair at [log in to unmask]

Nominations for the 2018 award are accepted until March 1st, 2018.

We look forward to receiving your nominations,

The Award Committee

Gunn Elisabeth Birkelund
Marc Keuschnigg (last year co-winner)
Gianluca Manzo (chair)
Christian Steglich
steglich.gmw.rug.nl
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__steglich.gmw.rug.nl&d=DwICaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=pTOg60Osmy-RFPmkx5R7vCj1W-zoSRzA1g6CD84bPiA&s=1xgU7Omdn-0gFgOH86IkOgXfj0CoAXGi8zJYfwz-dUo&e= >