Dear List,

As to the Merton Award call we sent a few days ago, please consider that the date of publication of eligible papers was incorrect. The eligible years are 2016 and 2017. Please find below the corrected call.

Call for nominations
We are inviting nominations for the 2018 Robert K. Merton Award. The prize will be presented at the 11th International Network for Analytical Sociologists Conference (INAS) on June 7-8, 2018, in Stanford (https://siepr.stanford.edu/events/11th-annual-inas-conference).

Nominations can be for a paper on any topic related to analytical sociology, published in print (or online for online-only journals) during 2016 or 2017. Self-nominations are allowed.

Papers paying special attention to the following elements will be particularly appreciated: careful research design; well-defined empirical explanatory focus; clear specification of explanatory mechanisms, detailing connections between levels of analysis; tailor-made methodological procedures, being qualitative or quantitative; explicitness on (methodological) assumptions; clarity in the writing style.

Please send a copy of the nominated paper, together with a brief motivation to the committee chair at [log in to unmask]

Nominations for the 2018 award are accepted until March 1st, 2018.

We look forward to receiving your nominations,

The Award Committee

Gunn Elisabeth Birkelund
Marc Keuschnigg (last year co-winner)
Gianluca Manzo (chair)