Dear All,

We have received many inquiries about obtaining the Russian Visa to attend
NetGloW'18, so I decided to post this note.

In the case of our conference, obtaining the Russian Visa is easier than
usual. But it involves some in-advance preparation, so do not postpone it
to the last month.

First of all, the authors of accepted abstracts will get an official Visa
invitation to obtain a so-called Humanitarian Visa intended for cultural
purposes, such as scientific conferences. For the Visa officers it is a
very strong reason to grant you the Visa. But make sure to check the 'I
need Visa support' option during the abstract sumbission process, to
provide information for the invitation at your earliest convenience (we
will request it) and to apply for Visa not later than May: the procedure
takes a while. Note: For the past 7 years we never had anyone's Visa
application rejected, but we had several people applying too late.

For the accompanying persons, hotels provide Visa invitations that can be
used to obtain touristic Visas (as long has you have a booking). They
charge for it, but it is only about $ 25. We can help you out in
communicating with them, if needed, - just drop a note to the conference
e-mail address.

Regarding other practical issues:

We have secured accommodation options nearby the venue. Due to the high
season and the Football World Cup, we strongly recommend to pick one of
these during the abstract submission. Otherwise, make sure to book long in
advance. In case you do not pick one of the hotels we secured, make sure to
book long in advance: soon options will be very limited and expensive.

The same refers to the air tickets: It is advisable to book as soon as your
abstract is accepted.

Check conference webpage for more details: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ngw.spbu.ru_&d=DwIBaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=86uW0wP-HXbEDaYsvGW-EtNOWGSd57iq1qpnIIOXex8&s=A30kV8cJpTKs6jzDaHU1sNWYYieT0Tu32kDtYbmaD1Y&e= .

Would you have any further questions, please let us know.

Best wishes,
Nikita.