Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2017 11:03:00 +0100
From: VAN METER Karl <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
Cc: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
Subject: [bms-rc33] Call - Doctoral Student & Post-Doctoral Research Positions
     (Inst of Sociology, Univ of Zurich)

>> Consider submitting your methodologically interesting articles to the BMS <<
       >> Soumettez vos articles méthodologiquement intéressants au BMS <<

Thanks to Thomas Gautschi & [DGSModSim]

Deadline: 15 January 2018

The Institute of Sociology at the University of Zurich aims to fill several
research positions.

1 Doctoral Student (60%)
2 Post-Doctoral Researchers (75-100%)

We are looking for 1 Doctoral Student (60%) and 2 Post-Doctoral researchers
(75-100%) interested in joining the newly founded Professorship of Social
Theory and Quantitative Methods of Prof. Dr. Heiko Rauhut.

The group is interested in theory-guided quantitative research on social norms,
cooperation, experimental game theory, analytical sociology, network analysis,
stochastic actor network models, sociology of science, survey methodology and
statistical modeling. The positions are funded by the  SNSF Starting Grant
Social norms, cooperation and conflict in scientific collaborations (CONCISE),
the SNSF project Coevolution of  prosociality and networks: A longitudinal,
cross-country network survey in Swiss schools and by the University of Zurich.
Applicants should  hold a MA / PhD (or should be close to completion) in
Sociology or a related field (such as Behavioral or Experimental Economics,
Social  Psychology, Political Science, Statistics or Computational Social
Science).

We are particularly interested in attracting candidates in the following 2
research areas:
1) Experimental and behavioral research on cooperation and social norms
2) Co-evolution of social networks and prosociality.
Details of these research areas and the research profile of the professorship
is found at www.suz.uzh.ch/rauhut. Other research topics, especially in the
areas of experimental game theory and analytical sociology, are also welcome,
but should have a strong connection to the general profile of the
professorship.

We offer a stimulating, dynamic and research-oriented environment. We are
looking for creative, prosocial and proactive candidates. Support in teaching
and research activities of the chair is expected. Post-docs are expected to
support the chair in supervision of PhD and MA students and in administrative
tasks. After a trial period, post-doc positions are initially limited to 3
years and PhD positions to 4 years (with an  extension to max. 6 years, subject
to funding).

Please send your application including a statement of interest, CV,
transcripts, 2 samples of written work and 2 letters of recommendation or
alternatively contact details of two referees in one pdf file until January
15th, 2018 to Heiko Rauhut via [log in to unmask]

*
* Karl M. van Meter              BMS, Bulletin de Methodologie Sociologique
* [log in to unmask]           (Bulletin of Sociological Methodology)
* tel 33 (0)1 43 25 26 57        Web https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__journals.sagepub.com_home_bms&d=DwIFAw&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=A8eDU7OWseZ14GIe8BtpQGJ_EbFq_tcDP964NHGmbd0&s=NRkTH3bcFz9Ge_WPjfIPE2yuIR9W0IW8T7R_kgCWFZw&e=
*                                Blog https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__karlvanmeter.wordpress.com_&d=DwIFAw&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=A8eDU7OWseZ14GIe8BtpQGJ_EbFq_tcDP964NHGmbd0&s=Anj1l5PObJP70qMFfm30oA8kWkPF4_Bg4YKn9O1tlfc&e=
* Ecole normale supérieure       distribution list [log in to unmask]
* 48 boulevard Jourdan           free distribution list [log in to unmask]
* 75014 Paris, France
*                                RC33, Research Committee Logic &
* BMS-AIMS                       Methodology of the International
* 45 rue Linné                   Sociological Association (ISA)
* 75005 Paris, France            https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.rc33.org_&d=DwIFAw&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=A8eDU7OWseZ14GIe8BtpQGJ_EbFq_tcDP964NHGmbd0&s=UsAyOkvIg1aKclcQynh-mGzmvhTtj56RtMsShzfbHMY&e=
*
*                   https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ens.academia.edu_KarlMvanMeter&d=DwIFAw&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=A8eDU7OWseZ14GIe8BtpQGJ_EbFq_tcDP964NHGmbd0&s=8IRHsnD-doZtUBIe842vcng6P6NZaWrzuxPi5u8A-CI&e=