We invite abstracts to a session on "Social Networks and Sexual Risk" at Sunbelt 2018:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__sunbelt.sites.uu.nl_abstract-2Dsubmission_&d=DwIFAg&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=fHOPGc2rYhaC_iT2n1b4YM3xo4-9xQccnM-Ml8QMViA&s=UH3ZRSJX0jTGwSlKyNY5pa-iokHMaoBAV1fb3qR28TY&e=

Session: Social Networks and Sexual Risk

The topic of social networks has become the focus of considerable interest among researchers studying sexual risk behavior among a variety of populations including but not limited to men who have sex with men (MSM), people who inject drugs (PWID), sex workers, and adolescents. The network perspective has offered a way to move beyond individual-level analysis to consider the patterns of relationships in which individuals are embedded to better understand flows of influence, social support, and infectious disease transmission. In this session, we seek papers that explore the connection between sociometric or egocentric network structure and composition and sexual risks in at-risk populations. We aim to feature a wide range of network analytic techniques ranging from descriptive and exploratory methods to stochastic approaches like exponential random graph models (ERGMs) and actor-based models.  We encourage the presentation of both cross-sectional and longitudinal data that is either single- or multi-level.

Organizers: Lindsay Young and John Schneider, University of Chicago, Department of  Medicine

---

Lindsay E. Young, PhD

Postdoctoral Scholar

University of Chicago | Department of Medicine

Chicago Center for HIV Elimination