TORONTO — The question of whether two senior political staffers illegally
destroyed politically embarrassing data in the office of former Ontario
premier Dalton McGuinty was left Wednesday with the judge who has presided
over the pair's trial.

Ontario court Judge Timothy Lipson reserved his decision after a day of
closing arguments in which he heard starkly different views of the evidence
against McGuinty's chief of staff David Livingston and his deputy Laura
Miller.

In his final submissions, Crown lawyer Tom Lemon argued the accused
deliberately set about deleting records about the government's costly 2011
decision to cancel two gas plants as a way to ensure the information would
never see the light of day.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bit.ly_2AEQDjP&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=b5NZPQUb9_r2rQ3Zd74ATT3aSs9yKyRnJLOhqJvd7fE&m=UFnoNDJLiOQ4qsAq5Gox9cg3qr3KV36VojGYoWWRsIs&s=FuftVphaXuQwx1EV_SVx2QdGpdomMM7C74a6SX6tFSI&e=
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bit.ly_2AEQDjP-2B&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=b5NZPQUb9_r2rQ3Zd74ATT3aSs9yKyRnJLOhqJvd7fE&m=UFnoNDJLiOQ4qsAq5Gox9cg3qr3KV36VojGYoWWRsIs&s=y_mGpYgYmVED9YauEL1gSkktHDOeEyyIrtUN0L_dc8M&e=

--
Peterk
Dallas, Tx