Join our Office of Graduate Diversity Initiatives (OGDI) as we welcome trailblazing African-American woman Dr. Sandra K. Johnson, CEO of SKJ Visioneering LLC, to speak on “Her Journey as a Hidden Figure.”

Her hour-long talk will take place at 10 a.m. this Friday, August 31, 2018, in the Reitz Union Chamber Room on the University of Florida campus in Gainesville.

The first African-American woman to earn a Doctor of Philosophy degree in Electrical Engineering (with a focus on Computer Engineering) in the United States, Dr. Johnson has led a diverse and dynamic career as a global technology leader, entrepreneur, inventor, blockchain ambassador, and author, to list but a few of her many accomplishments.

Her talk will provide insights about the open doors, obstacles, and self-direction she experienced on her journey to professional development and current success.

Her story is inspirational and engaging testimony to the power of purpose-driven focus, confidence, competence, and ordered steps in overcoming odds and achieving one’s personal best.

As Dr. Johnson has written, “I have a passion for encouraging and inspiring people to live life to its fullest. It warms my heart to see people discover who they really are… and to live the life they were born to live. I challenge individuals to seek their purpose and destiny, to move towards its realization, and to let it be their life’s work.”

Admission to this special event is free.

Please RSVP to reserve your seat now by:

1.      Clicking on this link: GIMS (Graduate Information Management System).

2.      Logging in with your GatorLink ID and password.

3.      Clicking the “Workshops” tab on the top of the webpage that appears.

4.      Under “Register,” clicking the box for this event and then clicking “Submit.”

After you register, you will receive an email confirmation.

To learn more about Dr. Johnson, visit her website by clicking on this link: http://www.sandrakjohnson.com.

If you have any questions, please email Dr. Tyisha Hathorn, Director of the Office of Graduate Diversity Initiatives at the UF Graduate School, at [log in to unmask].

We look forward to seeing you this coming Friday!