Dear Graduate Students,

We invite you to become a Graduate Student Affiliate of the Center for Gender, Sexualities, and Women’s Studies Research (CGSWSR). If you are interested in joining this group, please provide us with your contact information and brief input here:

https://ufl.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_a3PB2lKXWTufkPj

Our vision for this group and listserv is twofold:

First, we will use this listserv to inform you of Center opportunities and events. We are committed to serving graduate students in a number of ways:

1.      We organize events and programs on timely topics. For example, this semester’s events included a brownbag lunch and discussion for first generation graduate students and a series of panels, film screenings, and lectures on the theme of #hearmetoo.

2.      We offer a range of interdisciplinary graduate courses on the intersections of gender, race, ethnicity, sexualities and other axes across a variety of domain (e.g., work, health, media, culture, law, politics). You may be interested in taking elective courses from our Spring 2019 offerings: https://wst.ufl.edu/courses/courses-in-the-center-graduate/spring-2019/.

3.      We offer flexible graduate certificates in Women’s Studies and in Gender and Development that can complement your current degrees.

Second, we hope that you will use this group and listserv to connect with each other and launch initiatives around shared interests. In the past, graduate affiliates have organized workshops on exploring various career paths and on conducting feminist theory-informed research across disciplines. Many of you have expressed interest in developing such workshops and presentations, taking leadership in creating and implementing new initiatives, mentoring and advising undergraduate or junior graduate students, and collaborating on research and reading/writing groups. We encourage you to use this group to network with each other and launch such collaborations. We may also reach out to you with calls to solicit working groups/collaborations.

We looking forward to having you join the CGSWSR community!

Bonnie Moradi, Ph.D.

Professor

Director, Center for Gender, Sexualities, and Women’s Studies Research

K.L. Broad, Ph.D.

Associate Professor

Graduate Coordinator, Center for Gender, Sexualities, and Women’s Studies Research