Hello,

The next UF Carpentries Club board meeting will be on Tuesday, October 9, at 3:30 PM in the UFII conference room.  Anyone who is interested is welcome to attend.  If you would like to join remotely, we will be using Zoom: https://ufl.zoom.us/j/160368708

Agenda:

* Introduce new board members and any new meeting participants

* Set the meeting schedule for the remainder of the semester
* Decide on a plan for board positions (chair, secretary, etc.) and assign positions
* Report on 1-day R workshop
* Update on travel awards
* Updates on upcoming geospatial workshop
* Elections procedure: how to deal with (or prevent) ties

To respect attendees' schedules, I want to be sure to keep this meeting to an hour or less, so I have attempted to roughly order the agenda items by priority/urgency; we can table the last item if need be.

Meeting minutes will be posted at https://www.uf-carpentry.org/minutes/

Thanks,
Brian