Hello,

We will be hosting an instructor training workshop for becoming certified
as a Carpentries instructor on March 5-6, 2018 and we invite you to apply.
The purpose of the Carpentries organization, which is a merger between the
pre-existing Software Carpentry (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__software-2Dcarpentry.org_&d=DwIBaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=QDPfBzhanBI0ClPJxfy0pSql4VR4ogyG6IjE-HrwxTIRaIkJ9DZiQNF1KYVu6v4v&m=zr0TdPvEoiJSpNAjLD1XIz8lXh8SZwuq8nmI446jAJc&s=HJWCyZCjRHnPEMQmtxeI970bKUwu5L4YXZ5tLNqr76w&e=) and Data
Carpentry (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.datacarpentry.org_&d=DwIBaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=QDPfBzhanBI0ClPJxfy0pSql4VR4ogyG6IjE-HrwxTIRaIkJ9DZiQNF1KYVu6v4v&m=zr0TdPvEoiJSpNAjLD1XIz8lXh8SZwuq8nmI446jAJc&s=T_BWkW7EC_b_wTqZyNWThftVGCGC2LtU9zvemoVSSaM&e=), is to run workshops that provide
better computational skills to scientists, including in various programming
languages.

The upcoming 2-day training workshop is to train instructors to use
educational pedagogy and best instructional practices while teaching Data
and Software Carpentry workshops. Once certified, instructors are able to
teach two-day Carpentries workshops. There are opportunities to do so at
UF, as at least half a dozen workshops are run each year by the UF
Carpentries Club. Volunteer instructors are also always needed around the
United States in the greater Carpentries community.

There is more information about the workshop here:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__fmichonneau.github.io_2018-2D03-2D05-2DUF-2Dttt_&d=DwIBaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=QDPfBzhanBI0ClPJxfy0pSql4VR4ogyG6IjE-HrwxTIRaIkJ9DZiQNF1KYVu6v4v&m=zr0TdPvEoiJSpNAjLD1XIz8lXh8SZwuq8nmI446jAJc&s=BR_xwMz8lcDDh5_TImozHDL7VPCqRDlJ4bGbOMbVl7I&e=. This workshop is open to
everyone in the UF community, please distribute this information widely.

If you are interested, please fill out the application at
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__amy.software-2Dcarpentry.org_forms_request-5Ftraining_&d=DwIBaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=QDPfBzhanBI0ClPJxfy0pSql4VR4ogyG6IjE-HrwxTIRaIkJ9DZiQNF1KYVu6v4v&m=zr0TdPvEoiJSpNAjLD1XIz8lXh8SZwuq8nmI446jAJc&s=okHyUhY-pqpJX4I4vhlN05rcqd1CY2vnKwdTP7ZW50E&e=. Include the
code 2018-03-05-ttt-florida in the "Group name" box to specify the UF
training, and you can ignore the information in the yellow box on the page.
The deadline to fill out the application is the end of the day on Friday,
February 9 and we will send out acceptance notifications February 16.

If you are interested in more information about the Carpentries and
becoming an instructor, feel free to contact me.

Cheers,
Kristina Riemer