Hello,

We will be hosting an instructor training workshop for becoming certified as a Carpentries instructor on March 5-6, 2018 and we invite you to apply. The purpose of the Carpentries organization, which is a merger between the pre-existing Software Carpentry (https://software-carpentry.org/) and Data Carpentry (http://www.datacarpentry.org/), is to run workshops that provide better computational skills to scientists, including in various programming languages.

The upcoming 2-day training workshop is to train instructors to use educational pedagogy and best instructional practices while teaching Data and Software Carpentry workshops. Once certified, instructors are able to teach two-day Carpentries workshops. There are opportunities to do so at UF, as at least half a dozen workshops are run each year by the UF Carpentries Club. Volunteer instructors are also always needed around the United States in the greater Carpentries community.

There is more information about the workshop here: https://fmichonneau.github.io/2018-03-05-UF-ttt/. This workshop is open to everyone in the UF community, please distribute this information widely.

If you are interested, please fill out the application at https://amy.software-carpentry.org/forms/request_training/. Include the code 2018-03-05-ttt-florida in the "Group name" box to specify the UF training, and you can ignore the information in the yellow box on the page. The deadline to fill out the application is the end of the day on Friday, February 9 and we will send out acceptance notifications February 16.

If you are interested in more information about the Carpentries and becoming an instructor, feel free to contact me.

Cheers,
Kristina Riemer