??We apologize profusely for this late notice but we only established our travel award program recently and we have a bit of a backlog of awards to make. The first award was open only to instructors who have taught at two workshops. This second award is open to all UF Carpentry Club members. (You can read about our travel awards program here: https://github.com/UF-Carpentry/Coordination/wiki/Travel-Awards )

We would like to announce our 2nd call for applications for a UF Carpentry Club special travel award. This award will be for up to $500 to travel to the Ft. Lauderdale Research and Education center to teach one lesson at their Data Carpentry workshop 4/23 - 4/24. The award covers attendance at both days of the workshop with the expectation that the awardee will act as a helper when not teaching.

https://picardis.github.io/2018-04-23-uf-flrec/

Applications will be accepted up until midnight this Friday 4/13. The award will be announced by Monday 4/16. The application is available at:

https://goo.gl/forms/hWVU88EosqGFg0Bw1

Thank you and we look forward to reviewing your application.

Matthew Collins
Technical Operations Manager
University of Florida