François Michonneau <[log in to unmask]>
3:43 PM (4 minutes ago)
to UF
Hi Nihal

  Here is a possible solution

```
library(tidyverse)
library(readxl)

dt <- read_excel("example_for_R_listerv.xlsx", skip = 1) %>%
  mutate(date = format(time, "%Y-%m-%d"))
```

If your dates are already properly formatted, you don't have to use regular
expressions. The functions that read data in the tidyverse detect
automatically that it's a date and parse them as such. Once your data is in
the date format, you can use the "format" function to extract the year
(%Y), month (%m) and day (%d) in a new column here named "date". However,
depending on what you are trying to accomplish with your data you may not
have to do that. For instance, you can filter for a time period directly on
your initial column without having to extract the exact day.

Also note that I put "skip = 1" and the column headers are actually not in
your first row of the spreadsheet (which might be why the "time" column was
not recognized in the code example you sent).

  I hope this helps.

  Best
  -- François